Frequently Asked Questions
What is AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss?
AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss is an optional insurance Plan that provides benefits, for up to two years, for the enrolled device including hardware coverage (malfunction after the manufacturer’s warranty expires), accidental damage from handling, loss and theft.
Is there a deductible?
A deductible will apply per approved accidental damage, loss or theft claim. There is no deductible for hardware repairs. The deductibles will vary by device model and method of service. For specific details about the Plan’s deductibles, refer to your state-specific Insurance Documents.
Under what circumstances will my device be repaired or replaced?
Your enrolled device may be eligible for repair for hardware and accidental damage from handling coverage. For specific details about the Plan’s service options, refer to your state-specific Insurance Documents.
How many claims are covered under the Plan?
There is a limit of 2 approved accidental damage, loss or theft claims within the Plan’s term. There is no claim limit for hardware coverage (malfunction after the manufacturer’s warranty expires). For specific details about the Plan’s claim limits, refer to your state-specific Insurance Documents.
For your lost or stolen claim to be eligible for coverage, Find my iPhone must be enabled on your device when it is lost or stolen.
How long do I have to file a claim?
The Plan owner must file a claim within the time frame indicated in the Plan’s state-specific Insurance Documents.
What is the fastest way to file a claim?
To begin the claim process, please visit support.apple.com/country-selector or contact Apple Support at 800-APL-CARE (800-275-2273). For loss and theft claims, you will finalize the claim process on this site. Please use the unique link in the email from Assurant to finalize your claim.
Once you begin your loss or theft claim, your device will be erased and disabled. Once your claim is approved, ownership will be transferred to Assurant.
What information do I need to start a claim?
Please remember that only the Plan owner can file a claim. To help you get through the claims process quickly, we recommend that you have the following items handy before you begin:
- The claimed device's Electronic Serial Number or IMEI
- Information about the claim, including the date of loss
- Email Address (to provide you with updates on the status of your claim or replacement device)
- A credit card or debit card for your deductible payment
What is the importance of providing a valid e-mail during the claims process?
Your email address allows us to provide you with important information on the status of your claim, such as when it has been approved, when your device shipped, and a tracking number to confirm delivery of your device. Please note that your email address is used for claim purposes only.
How can I check the status of my claim?
The fastest and easiest way to check the status of your claim anytime is by visiting the Homepage on this site and entering your Apple Dispatch ID or Case/Claim Number and Zip Code. Remember to use the Zip Code that was used to initiate your claim.
How long does it take to receive a replacement device?
Once your claim is approved, your device will be shipped via next-business-day delivery, Monday through Friday, when available, Saturday delivery may be available for an additional fee.
Will the replacement device or replacement parts be new?
Device replacements or repair service parts may be new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability.
How do I activate my replacement device from Assurant?
Enclosed with each replacement is a Quick Start Guide to help you get your replacement device up and running. Need a copy? Click Here or see the instructions below.
If your replacement is for a loss or theft claim, please use the instructions below:
- Charge your replacement device
- Insert your new SIM card using the provided SIM-eject tool
- Power on your device and follow on-screen instructions
- Enable Find My iPhone, follow the steps provided at support.apple.com/HT205362
If your replacement is for an accidental damage or hardware service claim, please use the instructions below:
- Charge your replacement device
- Remove the SIM card from your damaged device and insert into replacement
- Power on your replacement device and follow on-screen instructions
- Back up your damaged device’s Apps and Data to iCloud or iTunes, follow the steps provided in support.apple.com/HT203977
- Restore your Apps and Data from an iCloud or iTunes backup, follow the steps provided in support.apple.com/HT204184
Does my replacement device have a warranty?
Your replacement device comes with a 90-day warranty or the remainder of your AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss agreement, whichever is longer.
What if I need a new SIM card?
Contact your mobile service provider for assistance with getting a new SIM card for your replacement.
Need help with your replacement?
For hardware issues, contact Apple at 800-APL-CARE (800-275-2273).
For mobile service issues, contact your mobile service provider.
For all other issues, please contact us at 877-406-4554.
Returning your damaged device for claims initiated with Assurant
Why do I need to return my damaged device?
Once your claim has been approved and you have received a replacement device from Assurant, the claimed device becomes property of the insurance company and must be shipped to Assurant using the instructions provided.
How do I return my damaged device to Assurant?
You will find the necessary items to return your damaged device within the packaging of your replacement device. Once received, just follow the instructions below:
First, erase the damaged device
Go to Settings > Tap on General > Tap on Reset > Tap on Erase All Content and Settings, follow on-screen instructions
Once you have erased the device, follow the steps below:
- Complete the "FROM" section of the enclosed U.S. Mail (Postage Paid) First Class Mail Label/Envelope.
- Place device (together with battery) into the envelope and seal it.
- Place the sealed envelope in your home mailbox or any official U.S. Post Office mailbox.
You will receive an email from Assurant once your damaged device has been received.
I can't find the mailing label I need to return my damaged device. What should I do?
If you have misplaced the mailing label needed to return your damaged device to Assurant, you can print a replacement mailing label following these three easy steps:
- Go to the Homepage on this site and enter your Apple Dispatch ID or Case/Claim Number and Zip Code. Remember to use the Zip Code that was used to initiate your claim. Enter the words you see (including the space) in the spaces provided and click "Continue".
- Click on the "My Return Instructions" tab located at the top. Then click the "Return Receipt Label" link to download your label in PDF format.
Is there a fee if I don't return my damaged device?
You must return your damaged device within 10 days. Otherwise, you’ll be charged the retail price of the replacement.